Start a new topic

A way to organize configurations

I have a scene with a list of configurations numbered 1 to 13 in the editor, and that's the order they need to be in.

The problem is when I load the scene in the player/simulator, it orders them:
1, 4, 6, 7, 8, 2, 3, 5, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Any fixes?

Hi Logan,

As Marc said, the Configuration page in the player show you the data as they are actually saved, which is usually creation order. The editor will allow you the re-order the configuration (or the children of an object for that matter), but the ordering is for display purpose only, and works only in the editor. 

If the order is really important, sadly, I cannot offer you a solution aside from recreating them.

I am sorry, let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thanks.

Nicolas

image Adding numbers also did not work. Should I just duplicate them all in the correct order and delete the originals...?

So it's based on the order of creation? We are using configurations as steps to move through. I created the configurations 2 months ago and have been working with them since then. Even though they are put in the correct order in the Configuration window on the editor, they can't be put in the correct order on the Simulator because of the order I created them?

Hi,

The configurations are added in the order of creation and that order cannot be changed in the Editor. When loaded in the Player, they appear in the same order.

We would need a bit more info to reproduce your issue. Can you detail your repro steps?

Thanks.

Marc.

Have you tried starting the name of each config with a number? Seems to work for me:

Simulator must be delivered in a week's time. Is this possible? Thank you.

Login to post a comment