Start a new topic

Output Values to be digitally displayed on a Node

Good Day,

I would like to know if Vortex has the capability on displaying the Output on a node?

I created a script for a crane gantry displacement and hoisting displacement output values. The next step is to display it on the node which is located near the driver seat (on the left side - particularly the white background nodes). Is this possible? I am open for any insights. Thank you.

Regards,

Mark Jayvhie Belbar

1 person likes this

Thank you for the suggestion. I think its only for graphical enhancement , only for a custom text? How about connecting a script on it to display output values on it i.e. linear acceleration X of a part , position of  part?

Thank you

Regards,

Mark

Hi Mark,

You want to display numbers (integer or double) on a texture?

For integer, you can create a connection directly from integer output to text input. This way, you number will be displayed on the texture.

For double, it's more complex. You need write a script to translate your double number either in text format or integer, than you can connect to text input of text texture generator.

Let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jia-Wei Zhang

1 person likes this

Yes i want to display double field. I explore more of the extensions and i used the Label Extension, which I think the more easy to use. It has parent transform coordinates so i can connect output values text.

Thank you for this suggestion. I will try it on another task of mine. It is highly appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Mark

1 person likes this
Login to post a comment