Start a new topic

Activation failing on Linux

Hi! I am trying to install a license file on an Ubuntu machine, but for some reason the license manager fails to activate.

sudo ./VortexLicenseManager --install license.lic"

==> Installing license file license.lic to license folder.

ERROR: No license was found.

I have already successfully activated Vortex Studio once through this method (as the --activate option does not work and yields a 'ERROR: Cannot connect to specified URL' message) in order to work with VREP. However, an application that interacted with a VREP scene inadvertently changed the system's time causing the vortex license to enter some sort of panic mode and invalidating the license. I have then cleansed every trace of vortex and its license files (including the /opt/cmlabs folder) and downloaded everything again.

But it is not working this time. I have downloaded the latest version available for Linux (which seems to be 2018a) and tried using both my old license and a new one, the message is the same.

Any tips?

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot seem to identify the issue. Looking at the manager and licence file, everything seems fine. We also reached out to V-REP to see if they had heard of similar activation problems with recent Vortex Studio Essentials Edition licenses, but they haven't. 

I'm guessing the issue is related to that third application that interacted with V-REP and changed your system time, not Vortex Studio itself. Wish I had better news to give! 

Hi Alex,

Please could you verify if the .lic file was downloaded from the CM Labs website is currently under your folder '/opt/cmlabs/licenses/' ?

If not, please re-copy it and start your application. You don't have to redo the activation steps.

Just a friendly reminder that only the Vortex SDK working on Linux.

Regards,

Simon L.

Hi! I've moved the .lic file to the /opt/cmlabs/licenses folder (the activation do not paste it there as it states No license was found.)

./VortexLicenseManager --list then returns

Product name: Vortex Studio Essentials

License exists

License is: not valid

License string: studio_limited_1

Version: 

License type: local

License host ID: 

Error state: System clock has been set back

Expiration date: 

Rehostable host ID: 

Product name: Vortex Studio Editor

License exists

License is: not valid

License string: editor

Version: 

License type: local

License host ID: 

Error state: System clock has been set back

Expiration date: 

Rehostable host ID: 

Which is the same problem as before.

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your Vortex License Manager status.

Please could you attached and send us your license file (*.lic). We will verify the content.

Regards,

Simon L.

Sure thing!

lic
(922 Bytes)

Hi Alex,

Your license file seems valid but we suspect your machine clock configuration to be unsynchronized.

Please could you type this following command and capture the results.

timedatectl

Thank you.

Simon L.

Hi! Output is as follows:

Local time: Qui 2018-06-07 11:10:41 -03

Universal time: Qui 2018-06-07 14:10:41 UTC

RTC time: Qui 2018-06-07 14:10:41

Time zone: America/Sao_Paulo (-03, -0300)

Network time on: yes

NTP synchronized: yes

RTC in local TZ: no

Hi Alex,

Just for verification. Do you have more than one license files under you folder "/opt/cmlabs/licenses/"

Please could you capture your folder tree with this following command? 

cd /opt/cmlabs/licenses/

ls -AlR

Thank you.

Simon L.

Hi Simon! There's only one .lic file in the folder. Folder tree is as follows:

ls -AlR

.:

total 8

-rw-rw-r-- 1 hexagon hexagon 922 Jun 7 08:49 license.lic

Hi Alex,

We have investigated the latest information attached further but we could not find out what is going on, so we will escalate this issue in order to discuss it further with internal resources.

We'll respond as soon as possible.

Regards,

Simon L.

Thank you for the attention! I will remain available to provide any information necessary.

Hey everyone,

I recently faced the same problem which happens due to some differences caused between the system clock and OS clock. I solved the problem by finding the files that showed some future dates assigned to them and then fixing their timestamps. I do not know why suddenly some of my system files timestamps started showing future dates, however, I updated them it by the following Linux commands.

First, go to your root folder and list all the directories in this folder.

$: cd /

$: ls -ult

If you're facing this problem, then you must have at least a few files showing future dates as timestamps. Update the timestamps for each folder one at a time by following commands:

$: sudo find ./folder -exec touch -am '{}' \;

This command will recursively update the timestamps for all the files in the folder. Once, you're done with this, reactivate your license. Although this reply is a bit late, I hope it helps anyone else who faces this issue in the future.

Cheers,

Saifullah

Thank you Saifullah, this is a great help!

Login to post a comment