Start a new topic
Answered

Cannot see any element on the screen in Vortex Studio

Hello, I am a PhD student from Universidad de Málaga. This is my system configuration:

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Memory: 16Gb

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750

I am trying to use Vortex Studio Editor 2018a. The problem is that I cannot see anything when I work with a scene or a mechanism. In the Graphics Gallery though I can effectively see the mesh grid of any object. In the attached screenshot I show how a certain element is selected in an example scene ('Offshore'), but I cannot see neither it or the rest of elements, the screen is completely black.

I attached also a log file in case it could be useful. Thank you.

log

Best Answer

Hi Ricardo,

We found the problem and made a correction on the activation server.

On your side, simply re-do the activation in VortexLicenseManagerGUI.

Click on "Add Another License" and re-enter the SAME activation key that you used before. 

Regards,

Sylvain Giasson 
Vortex Front End Team Lead  |  Chef d'équipe Vortex Front End
CM Labs Simulations, Inc.

Hi Ricardo,

This could be caused by leftover compiled shader binaries in your bin folder. This happens when you switch graphics cards or when you copy a vortex installation from one computer to another.

Check if you see a "Shader Binaries" folder in the vortex bin directory.

If yes, close the editor, delete this folder and restart the editor again.

Let me know if this resolves your problem.

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately there is no 'Shader Binaries' folder to delete in the bin directory.

Cheers,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

You are looking at the offshore sample which uses the ocean simulation (Vortex Marine). The ocean is not part of the essentials version of Vortex Studio. The log mentions this:

[...]

Fri Feb 23 17:10:38 2018 - WARN - Ocean Dynamics: "Vortex Marine" is not available in this edition of Vortex Studio, or the license could not be found. Please check the License Manager.

Fri Feb 23 17:10:38 2018 - WARN - Ocean Graphics: "Vortex Marine" is not available in this edition of Vortex Studio, or the license could not be found. Please check the License Manager.

[...]

The fact that you see nothing might be related to this. Do you get the same problem with the mobile crane sample? Can you open the mobile crane mechanism for me and see if that works?

It's located here:

-scene: "<samples directory>\assets\Scenario\MobileCrane Scene\MobileCrane Weight Hook Pipe.vxscene"

-mechanism: "<samples directory>\assets\Equipment\MobileCrane\Dynamic\Design\mobile crane.vxmechanism"

Cheers,

Daniel

Hi Daniel

It happens the same with both the scene and the mechanism (attached screenshots VortexScreen01 and VortexScreen02), but for the terrain in the graphic gallery is not the case (screenshot VortexScreen03).

In the attached log I can see this sentence: 

[...]

Tue Feb 27 09:17:42 2018 - WARN - LICENSE ERROR : No license for product (-1) 

[...]

In attached screenshot VortexLicense01.png can be seen how the 'About' section says there is no Vortex Studio license, although in the License Manager (screenshot VortexLicense02.png) it says the contrary.

I hope this can be useful to solve the problem.

Cheers,

Ricardo

log

Hi Ricardo,

I was able to reproduce the problem.  Thanks for providing the screenshots and log files!

I will look into providing a solution, as soon as possible.

Stay tuned...

Sylvain Giasson 

Answer

Hi Ricardo,

We found the problem and made a correction on the activation server.

On your side, simply re-do the activation in VortexLicenseManagerGUI.

Click on "Add Another License" and re-enter the SAME activation key that you used before. 

Regards,

Sylvain Giasson 

1 person likes this

Hi Sylvain,

Nice! The problem is solved, now I can see the scenes and mechanisms.

Thank you and Daniel for the help.

Best regards,

Ricardo

1 person likes this

My pleasure.

Great to hear this is resolved now!

Cheers,

Daniel

Login to post a comment