Start a new topic
Answered

VR supported build?

Hi, I'm new to Vortex studio and trying to evaluate for VR. I downloaded and installed this build, but I don't find the HeadMountedDisplay extension. Before I download a different build, just want confirmation that I'm not missing something. 

THanks,

John

Best Answer

Hi John,

As mentioned in the blog (www.cm-labs.com/blog/2017/11/10/vortex-studio-now-vr-enabled-simple-change-display-config-file/), this feature was introduced in version 2017c (build 2017.4.0.20).

The version you currently have is 2017b.

You can download 2017c from www.cm-labs.com/downloads/

Also, please note the HeadMountedDisplay extension is available via the Setup document type in the Editor.

Regards,

Sylvain Giasson 
Vortex Front End Team Lead  |  Chef d'équipe Vortex Front End
CM Labs Simulations, Inc. 

Answer

Hi John,

As mentioned in the blog (www.cm-labs.com/blog/2017/11/10/vortex-studio-now-vr-enabled-simple-change-display-config-file/), this feature was introduced in version 2017c (build 2017.4.0.20).

The version you currently have is 2017b.

You can download 2017c from www.cm-labs.com/downloads/

Also, please note the HeadMountedDisplay extension is available via the Setup document type in the Editor.

Regards,

Sylvain Giasson 

1 person likes this

Thanks Silvain,

I installed the build... I'm happy to go read, but how does the setup work, where do I save the setup document? and how do I enable the HMD from my mechanism? Or perhaps I need a scene... Just getting started, sorry for the nooby questions.

JOhn

I would recommend searching for "Setup" in our documentation: www.cm-labs.com/documentation

And more precisely, reading the following ones at the minimum:

Good luck!

Sylvain Giasson 

Login to post a comment