Start a new topic
Answered

Vortex Studio 2017 hardware requirements

Hi everyone, I'd like to know the recommended hardware requirements to run Vortex Studio 20107, i.e. CPU, RAM, GPU, etc.

Sincerely,

Carlos Perez-del-Pulgar

University of Malaga

Best Answer

Vortex Studio runs on Microsoft Windows 10 (x64). It probably runs fine on Windows 7 and 8, too, but only Windows 10 is officially supported. You can run the Vortex SDK on Linux (Ubuntu 14 LTS or CentOS 7) but the Editor and Player only run on Windows.

Regarding the hardware requirements:

CPU: minimum 3.4 GHz (recommended Intel i7-47xx or higher)

Memory: minimum 8 GB RAM (recommended 16 GB or more) for runtime and Vortex Studio Player,

16 GB (recommended 32 GB or more) for Vortex Studio Editor

Vortex Studio supports NVIDIA GTX and Quadro video cards, as well as AMD and Intel video cards that fit the requirements (must support OpenGL 4.3 compliance in the driver).

You can find more information about the requirements in the "Getting Started" section of the Vortex Studio documentation. You can find a direct link to the latter in the left-hand column of the "My Account" page.

Capture.JPG
(50.7 KB)
1 Comment

Answer

Vortex Studio runs on Microsoft Windows 10 (x64). It probably runs fine on Windows 7 and 8, too, but only Windows 10 is officially supported. You can run the Vortex SDK on Linux (Ubuntu 14 LTS or CentOS 7) but the Editor and Player only run on Windows.

Regarding the hardware requirements:

CPU: minimum 3.4 GHz (recommended Intel i7-47xx or higher)

Memory: minimum 8 GB RAM (recommended 16 GB or more) for runtime and Vortex Studio Player,

16 GB (recommended 32 GB or more) for Vortex Studio Editor

Vortex Studio supports NVIDIA GTX and Quadro video cards, as well as AMD and Intel video cards that fit the requirements (must support OpenGL 4.3 compliance in the driver).

You can find more information about the requirements in the "Getting Started" section of the Vortex Studio documentation. You can find a direct link to the latter in the left-hand column of the "My Account" page.

Capture.JPG
(50.7 KB)
Login to post a comment