Start a new topic
Answered

Can’t open the samples

I can start Vortex Studio and open the forklift model, but if I try to start a sample, the application crashes. My graphics cards is a NVIDIA GTX 960M, and I’m meeting all of the minimum requirements. Any pointers?

Best Answer

In laptops, many systems are equipped with an Intel on-board graphics card in addition to the NVIDIA graphics card. To run Vortex on these types of systems, you need to go to the NVIDIA Control Panel and specify that the Preferred graphics processor should be the High-performance NVIDIA processor, instead of letting the driver auto-select. This configuration can be found under the Manage 3D Settings section of the control panel, as you can see in the image below.

Answer

In laptops, many systems are equipped with an Intel on-board graphics card in addition to the NVIDIA graphics card. To run Vortex on these types of systems, you need to go to the NVIDIA Control Panel and specify that the Preferred graphics processor should be the High-performance NVIDIA processor, instead of letting the driver auto-select. This configuration can be found under the Manage 3D Settings section of the control panel, as you can see in the image below.

Thank you Yannick, that did it!

Login to post a comment